Benchmark Environmental Engineering offers asbestos testing in San Jose and surrounding areas. We are a California Certified Asbestos Consultant offering inspections, abatement planning, project oversight, and continuing education courses. We provide commercial property owners, property managers, facilities and maintenance managers, government agencies, abatement contractors, and homeowners with the region’s most comprehensive environmental testing services.
What Is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a group of minerals found in rock and soil. It was regularly used in construction materials prior to 1980 because of its fire and heat resistance, tensile strength, and acoustic absorption capabilities.
- Vinyl Flooring
- Acoustic Ceiling Material – Popcorn Ceilings
- Cement Board
- Multiple Forms Of Insulation
Test Before Repairs Or Renovations
Asbestos becomes dangerous when it is disturbed by repairs, renovations or demolition. Contaminated dust becomes airborne, and its fine particles can be easily inhaled and ingested. Humans can absorb the dust into their bodies, where it can reside for many years. Studies conclusively demonstrated that there are severe health risks associated with this chemical.
What Are Health Risks Of Asbestos?
Evidence indicates that exposure over extended periods of time can cause cancer, mesothelioma, and lung disease. Because of this, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) have set forth strict regulations and guidelines with regard to asbestos.
Is Asbestos Banned In The US?
The United States has not completely banned the use of asbestos. However, the construction industry discontinued its use by 1980.
We’re Certified To Keep You Safe
Our certified consultants and surveillance technicians handle all asbestos-related projects. We perform all of our inspections according to EPA guidelines and are qualified to perform full Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) and Asbestos National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPS) surveys.
How We Perform Asbestos Investigations
- Our testing process includes a visual examination of the area, the collection of air samples, and lab analysis of the samples using Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM).
- We will author a finding report and an abatement plan.
- We can provide Northern and Southern California clients with abatement project management, oversight, and air quality monitoring during the remediation process.
- Once the abatement is complete, we provide verification, certifying that the contamination has been removed from your property.
Asbestos Certifications & Training
We offer a wide variety of asbestos-related training and services. Our California Certified Instructors provide federal and state-approved Asbestos Class III – Competent Level and Asbestos Class IV – Awareness training. In addition to our OSHA Compliance Training, we offer Respiratory Fit Testing.
Additional Environmental Services We Offer
- We also offer San Jose area clients assistance with asbestos project bid writing.
- We can provide facilities and maintenance professionals with operations and maintenance planning to prevent contamination.
- Our team can also give expert witness testimony in court cases involving asbestos.
Schedule Asbestos Testing In San Jose
If you need asbestos testing in San Jose, California, let Benchmark Environmental Engineering be the solution to your concerns. Our focus is to provide our clients with quick response times, accurate testing and reporting, and comprehensive continuing education programs. We are proud to offer all of these services to our clients at an affordable cost, regardless of the size or scope of your project. Contact us today for more information.